What is Hair Smoothening 2022: Pros | Cons | Cost
Hair straightening is defined as a chemical process in which the hair is saturated with a solution of formaldehyde, dried and then straightened with a flat iron. It restores lost protein in your veins to make it stronger and appear shiny.
Gentle in comparison and less lasting than straightening hair. The most popular types of hair smoothies you may encounter are Brazilian blowouts and keratin treatments. In order to make hair smoother at home, we will focus on an easy and safe way to work with it, keratin treatment.
Find out more about hair styling and how it works with our guide as well. We have put together everything we need to help you make an informed and wise decision before proceeding with this process.
What is Hair Smoothening 2022 ?
Straight hair has always been the trend. We are almost obsessed with it and it is this growth of women with straight hair that has led to the development of many hair extensions that lead to the appearance of straight hair. And smoothing the hair is one such treatment. But there is more to making hair straight as a result.
Hair loss is a chemical-based treatment aimed at treating unruly and unruly hair. It uses a formaldehyde-based cream to smooth and straighten hair. It can completely make dull hair look shiny and remove frizz.
Note that hair straightening is different from other hair treatments such as cysteine and keratin. See our detailed guide to Cysteine hair treatment and the pros and cons of Keratin treatment for comparisons, costs, details of individual hair treatments.
Hair Conditioner: How Is It Made?
The process of smoothing the hair takes about three to four hours depending on the length and texture of your hair. This process has the following steps:
The first step in getting your hair ready for smooth hair treatment. The stylist will give your hair and skin a perfect wash to remove dirt, grime, and product buildup. It will be followed by a hair conditioner. The hair is then dried with the help of a blower drier to proceed to the next stage.
2. Product Use (Smooth Cream)
The hair is divided into various smaller parts and a smooth cream is applied to all your precious strands. This cream contains formaldehyde that transforms curly hair and waves by directing hair formation.
As it contains formaldehyde, this cream is kept away from roots at all costs. If the scalp is exposed to formaldehyde it can lead to excessive dry, itchy and itchy skin leading to hair loss.
The cream is then allowed to remain in your hair for about 30 minutes to ensure complete absorption after which you are cleansed.
3. Blow Dry
After another blow, your hair will be straightened using a hair straightener.
Formaldehyde has already aligned hair ties and structure to transform curly and wavy hair into their most straightforward versions. But exposure to heat sets this new alignment and closes.
4. Product Application (Mask, Shampoo) + Blow Dry
Some creams are applied to the hair to supplement the nourishment of the strands. This mask is left on for another 20 minutes after which your hair will be washed with a mild shampoo and conditioner followed by a blow dryer.
After completing the procedure you will notice a noticeable difference in your hair. No longer is there thin and unruly hair. Only soft, smooth, shiny and straight hair.
Is It Worth the Price?
Before you rush to make an appointment with your stylist, wait a bit and learn about the pros, cons and the side effects of hair loss.
Pros of Hair Smoothening
- Less treatment
- Reduces dusk
- It gives health to dull hair
- There are no permanent injuries caused by hair
- It gives a subtle natural look
Cons of Hair Smoothening
- Not for overly curly hair
- It does not give hair straight hair
- The results are temporary
- It uses a formaldehyde-based cream that can irritate the eyes and skin
Side Effects of Hair Smoothening
The following are some of the common side effects of hair loss:
- Eyes clear
- Skin rash
- It can lead to dryness, dandruff, split ends and hair loss
What is The Hair Smoothening Price
The cost of smoothing hair depends on your salon, location, stylist qualifications, types of product used, and the length and texture of your hair among other factors. However, on average, the price of a hair straightener can be anywhere between $ 100 and $ 1000.
Who Can Get Hair Smoothening
If you have curly or wavy hair with unruly hair, then this is your procedure. The smooth hair process is perfectly suited for those with short hair. It reduces frizz to give a smoother and smoother straight hair than before.
How long Hair Smoothening does it take
Hair loss is a temporary process and can last anywhere from two to five months. It will also depend on the extent to which your hair grows.
Precautionary measures – Smooth Hair Care
The following are some of the steps you should take before and after your hair styling process as part of your smooth hair care:
- Do your research. Go online and search for updates. Ask your friends
- Do your homework about your favorite salons, style designers and products used by them
- Go to a famous salon with trained professionals.
- You need to know your hair type and needs before going for it to be smooth
- Once you have finished the salon, have a good conversation with your hairdresser about your hair type and texture, the treatment that will suit you best.
- Make sure the results produced by the process are the same as you wish
Make sure the products used by your stylist are of good quality
- The salon should be well ventilated because hair smoothing involves the use of formaldehyde fumes which can have negative effects.
- Do not tie, pin or comb your hair for at least three days after the procedure
- Avoid wetting the hair for up to 3 days after treatment
- Make sure your hair stays straight while you sleep
- Do not apply oily hair for at least 15 days
- Use soft hair products without SLS
- Treat yourself with a hair mask every week
- Avoid a hair brush and instead, use a comb with wide teeth
- Use hair serum regularly
- Do not apply any type of heat treatment to your hair. If you want to dry, use a cold setting
- Avoid any color or brightness in your hair for the next 6 months
How Are Hair Differences Different Procedures?
Although the effects of hair loss, keratin treatment and treatment are exactly the same, they are all very different processes. Let’s find out how they differ from each other.
Which is Best: Keratin Treatment Vs Hair Smoothening
- Keratin treatment is a type of hair smoother
- Hair styling is a chemical-based process while keratin treatment simply
- replenishes keratin protein in the hair.
- Hair styling provides smooth, shiny and frizz-free hair while keratin treatment goes a step further and improves hair health.
- Keratin treatment requires extra care and regular contact compared to smooth hair
Which is Best: Hair Straightening Vs Hair Smoothening
- Making the hair smooth makes the evening give the hair a smoother straight look than before. The main purpose of hair straightening is to get straight poker hair and smoothness comes as an added benefit.
- Slipping is a temporary process and straightening is a continuous process and is also called hot hair restoration.
- To make hair smoother, it is best for thin hair with curly or medium curls.
- Styling hair simply straightens the hair while straightening breaks the hair bonds to permanently alter their natural texture.
- Hair straightening is considered to be less harmful than straightening hair
Frequently Asked Questions
Does styling hair for thinning hair work?
Yes, hair straightening is very effective for thinning hair.
Hair smoothing vs hair tying, what is the difference?
Hair extensions break down into hair extensions and change them permanently to change the natural texture of the hair. Smoothness, on the other hand, is a temporary and harmless process that simply regulates hair formation to control wrinkles.
Does hair loss happen at home? If so, how can one do it?
Hair loss is a chemical-based treatment and is best done in a salon by trained professionals. However, you can make your hair smoother at home by using other ingredients such as coconut milk, eggs, bananas, avocados, and honey among others.
Does smoothing curly hair work well?
To make hair smoother it is effective for curly hair as long as it is a medium curl. It’s not for excessively curly hair.
Can a person have short hair after slipping?
Hair loss is one of the most common side effects of going to a famous salon and having a professional hairdresser.
Is permanent hair loss possible?
Hair loss is a temporary process that can take up to 6 months.
What is natural hair loss?
Natural hair smoothing can be done at home using natural ingredients such as honey, aloe vera, egg, bananas, avocados among others. Such ingredients are beaten with a mask and applied to the hair to remove frizz and reach smooth, shiny and bouncy hair.
Is it smooth on thin hair?
Yes, you can go for hair straightening in case you have a little air like a good one.
Will smooth hair damage the hair?
If you do it in moderation, then it will not damage the hair However, repeated smoothness will damage the hair. Hair loss is a chemical-based treatment that uses bad formaldehyde in your hair over time. In addition, the use of excess heat is harmful to the hair.
Does slipping cause hair loss?
One of the side effects of Hair smoothening is that it can lead to dryness, dandruff, split ends and hair loss. In a few cases, a person may also experience tears and skin rashes.